Ferry from Zante (Zakynthos) to Athens
Tickets & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Zante (Zakynthos) to Athens?
There are no direct ferries from Zante to Athens. To get to Athens from the island of Zante, you need to catch a ferry to the port of Kyllini in the western Peloponnese and drive or take a bus to the Greek capital.
Where is the port of Kyllini?
The port of Kyllini is on the northwestern part of the Peloponnese, approximately 280km from Athens.
How to get from the port of Kyllini to Athens?
You can easily get from Kyllini to Athens by car or bus (KTEL). The journey duration from Kyllini to Athens is approximately 3.5 hr.
How long is the ferry ride from Zante to Kyllini?
The Zante to Kyllini ferry duration is approximately 1 hr 15 min. The travel time varies, depending on weather conditions and the type of vessel.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Zante to Kyllini?
There are no high-speed ferries from Zante to Kyllini. But no worries, the crossing from Zante to mainland Greece is just over 1 hr.
How much is the ferry from Zante to Kyllini?
The Zante - Kyllini ferry price is approximately €9.5. The ticket cost can be higher or lower depending on discounts, offers, seat and vessel type, as well as vehicle selection.
What’s the ferry schedule from Zante to Kyllini?
There are 2-3 daily ferry crossings from Zante to Kyllini year-round and up to 6 ferries per day during the summer months. The earliest ferry to Kyllini from Zante departs around 05:30 and arrives at 06:45, while the latest crossing is normally at 19:30, arriving in Kyllini at 20:45.
Good to know: ferry schedules are subject to change depending on the season. Find the latest information and check real-time data for ferries from Zante to Kyllini on our fare search engine.
What’s the distance between Zante and Athens?
The distance between Zante and Athens is 162 nautical miles (approximately 300km) including the ferry trip to Kyllini. It is just 16 nautical miles (28km) from Zante to Kyllini.
Am I allowed to travel from Zante to Athens?
For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry travel in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Zante to Kyllini?
You can easily book cheap Zante - Kyllini ferry tickets on Ferryhopper with no extra fees. Find information about available routes on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and itineraries and book ferry tickets from Zante to Kyllini in just 4 clicks!
The historic Panathenaic Stadium in Athens
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Zante to Athens
Here are some useful tips for your ferry trip from Zante to Athens:
- Buses from Kyllini travel daily to Kifissos intercity bus station (KTEL Kifissou) in Athens. To reach Athens from the port of Kyllini you need to book a ticket for the Amaliada - Athens bus route and board the bus at Lechena.
- Make sure you are at the port of Zante at least 60 min before departure to avoid unnecessary delays.
- Find more information about Covid-19 ferry safety measures and learn how to stay safe during your trip from Zante to Athens.
- You can also travel from Zante to Athens via Kefalonia. There are regular ferry routes from Zante to Kefalonia, particularly during the summer. From Kefalonia you can catch the ferry to Kyllini or Patras and continue your trip to Athens.
- On Ferryhopper, you can discover all ferry routes from Athens to Greek islands, such as Crete, Mykonos, Milos, Ikaria and Rhodes.
- For more information about the trip to Kyllini and departure times, do not hesitate to contact the Ferryhopper Customer Support Team!
Ferry companies are usually quite flexible when it comes to luggage size and weight. You can keep your luggage next to you or store your bags and suitcases in the designated luggage area on the ferry from Zante to Kyllini.
Good to know: bear in mind that there is no check-in procedure for luggage items.
Tip: each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. We recommend that you don’t carry more than 50kg of luggage to avoid delays due to restricted space in the luggage area.
The crossing from Zante to Kyllini is really short, so there are no cabins or numbered seats on the ferries operating on this route.