How to get from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura by ferry
There are several daily ferry crossings from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura and the journey lasts 25-35 min. Compare ferry companies, ticket prices and ferry times from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura in our ferry guide
Ferry schedules from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura*
Are the ferries running from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura?
The ferry route from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura is served several times per day throughout the year. The ferry companies that usually operate on this route are Fred. Olsen Express, Naviera Armas and Líneas Romero.
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change depending on the season. You can find real-time information, compare ferry ticket prices and book tickets for the ferry to Fuerteventura on Ferryhopper, with no extra fees.
How long is the ferry ride from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura?
Ferry duration from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura ranges from 25-35 min. Travel time depends on the type of ferry (fast or standard).
Is there a high-speed ferry from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura?
Yes, there are high-speed ferries traveling from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura. The fastest ferry to Fuerteventura takes 25 min to reach the island.
How much is the ferry from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura?
The cheapest ferry ticket from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura costs €18. The final ticket price can be higher or lower depending on the vehicle and seat selection, as well as the available discounts, such as the resident discount.
What’s the ferry schedule from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura?
There are at least 10 daily crossings of the ferry from Playa Blanca to Fuerteventura (port of Corralejo), with ferry frequency usually increasing during the summer.
The earliest ferry normally departs from Lanzarote at 07:00 and arrives in Fuerteventura at around 07:35. The latest ferry departure is usually at 20:00, reaching the port of Corralejo at 20:25.
What’s the distance between Lanzarote and Fuerteventura?
The distance between Lanzarote and Fuerteventura is approximately 7 nautical miles (about 13km).
Am I allowed to travel from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura?
Yes, you can travel from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura at the moment, as movement between the Canary Islands is allowed. Bear in mind, however, that travel guidelines may change. For more detailed and up-to-date information, please visit the official Canary Islands tourism website.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura?
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura on Ferryhopper with just a few clicks. See all available ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare schedules, companies and prices, and book ferry tickets from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura online at no extra cost.
Beautiful view of the rural park of Betancuria in Fuerteventura
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura:
- The port of Playa Blanca in Lanzarote can get busy, so we recommend arriving at least 1.5 hr before departure, especially if you are traveling with your vehicle.
- There are many cafés, shops and restaurants close to the port of Playa Blanca, where you can pass the time before boarding.
- From Fuerteventura, you can easily travel to Lobos, a beautiful little island of the Canaries. The ferry ride from the port of Corralejo takes only 15 min.
- Don't forget that you can also book your tickets for the Fuerteventura - Lanzarote ferry on Ferryhopper at no extra cost.
- There is no need for a passport for the Lanzarote to Fuerteventura ferry route. You only need it when traveling to one of these islands from abroad.
- It's only a short walk from the port to Casco Viejo, the charming old town of Corralejo. There, you will find many tapas bars, cafés and restaurants.
- Check our Fuerteventura travel guide for tips and useful information about the island.
Where to take the ferry from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura
You can take the ferry to Corralejo in Fuerteventura from the port of Playa Blanca in Lanzarote. Playa Blanca is located in the south of Lanzarote, approximately 36km from Arrecife - the island's capital - and 30km from Lanzarote Airport.
Playa Blanca can be reached by car, taxi or bus. The bus ride from Arrecife to Playa Blanca takes about 1 hr, while the journey lasts approximately 40 min by car.
Can I travel on the ferry from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura with a car?
Yes, the ferry Lanzarote - Fuerteventura can transport vehicles. An average ferry price from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura for a car ranges from €22 to €35, while for motorcycles from approximately €18 to €32. Bear in mind that the garage seats for vehicles may run out fast, so we suggest that you book your car or motorbike ticket well in advance!
Note: The ferries of the Líneas Romero company don't have garages for vehicles.
Follow Ferryhopper to find all available ferry ticket discounts and offers for vehicles and easily travel from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura by ferry.
Each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- Fred. Olsen Express: The company allows 20kg of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport your bags and lockers for €1. Keep in mind that you can only have 1 piece of luggage in the lounge in addition to your handbags, provided that it doesn't obstruct passageways or occupy a seat.
- Naveria Armas: The company allows 60kg or 4 items of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport them.
- Líneas Romero: The company allows up to 20kg of carry-on luggage per person.
Ferries traveling from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura do not have cabins, as the trip duration is quite short. Most companies offer numbered seats.