Ferry from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura?
The ferry route from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura is served several times per day throughout the year. The ferry companies that usually operate on this route are Fred. Olsen Express, Naviera Armas and Líneas Romero.
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change depending on the season. You can find real-time information, compare ticket prices and book ferry tickets for Fuerteventura on Ferryhopper.
What’s the ferry schedule from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura
There are multiple daily crossings from Playa Blanca (Lanzarote) to Corralejo (Fuerteventura). In summer, you can find around 25 daily ferry crossings.
The earliest ferry normally departs from Lanzarote around 06:50 and arrives in Fuerteventura at around 07:25. The last ferry departure is usually at 20:00, with the ferry reaching the port of Corralejo at 20:25.
Note: there is also 1 weekly ferry route from the port of Arrecife to the port of Puerto del Rosario, which is usually scheduled in the afternoon.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura?
The cheapest ferry ticket from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura starts at around €17-€43. The final cost depends on available offers and discounts, seat type and vehicle selection, as well as the company you’re traveling with.
Discover the best available offers for ferry tickets on Ferryhopper. Find real-time information about our ferry routes, compare fares and offers, and book your tickets on Ferryhopper without any hidden fees!
For your trip from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura, you can take advantage of special discounts. For example, if you're living in the Canaries, you can use the Canary Islands resident discount on Ferryhopper and save up to 75%.
Some indicative passenger categories that are entitled to discount tickets are:
- Senior travelers (over 60)
- Large families
- Residents of the Canary Islands
Note: infants and toddlers up to 2 or 3 years old (depending on the company) travel free of charge.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura?
Ferry duration from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura (Corralejo) ranges from 25 to 35 min, depending on the type of ferry (fast or conventional). The itinerary to Puerto del Rosario, however, can last up to 2.5 hr.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura?
Yes, there are high-speed ferries traveling from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura. The fastest ferry to Fuerteventura takes 25 min to reach the island.
What’s the distance between Lanzarote and Fuerteventura?
The distance between Lanzarote and Fuerteventura is approximately 7 nautical miles (about 13 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Fuerteventura from Lanzarote
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura:
- The ports of Playa Blanca and Arrecife in Lanzarote can get busy, so we recommend arriving at least 1.5 hr before boarding, especially if you are traveling with your vehicle.
- From Fuerteventura, you can easily travel to Lobos, a beautiful little island of the Canaries. The ferry ride from the port of Corralejo takes only 15 min.
- Check out our Fuerteventura travel guide for more information about your holidays on the island.
- Don't forget that you can also book your tickets for the Fuerteventura - Lanzarote ferry on Ferryhopper hassle-free. Booking your return tickets in advance is highly recommended.
Where to take the ferry from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura
You can take the ferry to Corralejo in Fuerteventura from the port of Playa Blanca in Lanzarote. Playa Blanca is located in the south of Lanzarote, approximately 36 km from Arrecife and 30 km from Lanzarote Airport.
Playa Blanca can be reached by car, taxi or bus. The bus ride from Arrecife to Playa Blanca takes about 1 hr, while the journey lasts approximately 40 min by car.
Tip: if you're reaching Lanzarote by plane, consider the weekly itinerary from Arrecife instead, as its port is much closer to the airport than Playa Blanca is.
Can I travel on the ferry from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura with a car?
Yes, most ferries traveling from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura can transport vehicles. Bear in mind that the garage seats for vehicles may run out fast, so we suggest that you book your car or motorbike ticket as early as possible!
Each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- The company of Naviera Armas allows 60 kg in luggage or 4 items per person. It also offers trolleys to transport them.
- Líneas Romero allows up to 20 kg of carry-on luggage per person.
- With Fred. Olsen Express, you can carry up to 20 kg of luggage. There are also trolleys to transport your bags and lockers for €1. Keep in mind that you can only have 1 piece of luggage in the lounge in addition to your handbags, provided that it doesn't obstruct passageways or occupy any seats.
Ferries traveling from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura do not have cabins, as the trip duration is quite short. Most companies offer numbered seats.
You can travel with your pet on the ferry from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura. Pet policies may vary depending on the company and vessel you're traveling with. Make sure to carry along the necessary certificates, tickets and any pet supplies you may need for your trip.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura on Ferryhopper easily and quickly. Find all available ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare schedules, companies and prices, and book ferry tickets to Fuerteventura from Lanzarote online.