Traveling from Kyllini to Zakynthos by ferry
At the moment, there are no direct ferry routes between Athens and Zante (Zakynthos). It is however easy to travel to Zakynthos from Athens via the port of Kyllini. Read our ferry guide below for more useful information on how to get to the port of Kyllini, ferry schedules to Zakynthos, as well as tips for your ferry trip to Zante and the Ionian Islands.
Ferry schedules from Kyllini to Zakynthos*
Is there a ferry from Athens to Zante (Zakynthos)?
There are no direct ferries from Athens to Zante. To get to the island of Zante from Athens, you need to get to the port of Kyllini in the western Peloponnese.
Where is the port of Kyllini?
The port of Kyllini is on the northwestern part of the Peloponnese, approximately 280km from Athens and 74km from Patras.
How to get to the port of Kyllini from Athens?
You can easily get from Athens to Kyllini by car or bus (KTEL). The journey duration from Athens to Kyllini is approximately 3.5 hr.
How long is the ferry ride from Kyllini to Zante?
The Kyllini to Zante ferry duration is approximately 1 hr 15 min. The travel time varies, depending on weather conditions and the type of vessel.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Kyllini to Zante?
There are no high-speed ferries from Kyllini to Zante. But no worries, the crossing from mainland Greece to Zante is just over 1 hr.
How much is the ferry from Kyllini to Zante?
The Kyllini - Zante ferry tickets cost around €9.5. The ticket price can be higher or lower depending on discounts, offers, seat and vessel type, as well as vehicle selection.
What’s the ferry schedule from Kyllini to Zante?
There are at least 4-5 daily ferry crossings from Kyllini to Zante year-round and more than 6 ferries per day during the summer months. The earliest ferry to Zante from Kyllini departs around 06:00 and the latest crossing is normally at 22:00 in the evening.
Good to know: ferry schedules are subject to change depending on the season. Find the latest information and check real-time data for ferries from Kyllini to Zante on our fare search engine.
What’s the distance between Athens and Zante?
The distance between Athens and Zante is 162 nautical miles (approximately 300km) including the ferry trip from Kyllini. It is just 16 nautical miles (28km) from Kyllini to Zante.
Am I allowed to travel from Athens to Zante?
For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry travel in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Kyllini to Zante?
You can easily book cheap Kyllini - Zante ferry tickets on Ferryhopper with no extra fees. Find information about available routes on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and itineraries and book ferry tickets from Kyllini to Zante in just 4 clicks!
The dreamy sea caves of Zakynthos
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens to Zante
Here are some useful tips for your ferry trip from Athens to Zante:
- Buses from Athens to Kyllini depart daily from Kifissos intercity bus station (KTEL Kifissou) in Athens. To reach the port of Kyllini you need to book a ticket for the Athens - Amaliada bus route and get off at Lechena.
- The port of Kyllini is quite small and easy to get around. Make sure you arrive at the port 45 min before departure to avoid unnecessary delays.
- Bear in mind there is no free parking at the port of Kyllini, so you need to account for some extra time to find a secure parking space.
- Zante (Zakynthos) is one of the most beautiful destinations in Greece. Read our vacation guide for Zakynthos to plan your holidays this summer.
- On Ferryhopper, you can discover island-hopping options from Zante to more Greek destinations, such as Ithaca, Corfu and Kefalonia.
- Find more information about Covid-19 ferry safety measures and learn how to stay safe during your trip from Athens to Zante.
- For more information about the trip from Kyllini to Zante and departure times, do not hesitate to contact the Ferryhopper Customer Support Team!
Ferry companies are usually quite flexible when it comes to luggage size and weight. You can keep your luggage next to you or store your bags and suitcases in the designated luggage area on the ferry from Kyllini to Zante.
Good to know: bear in mind that there is no check-in procedure for luggage items.
Tip: each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. We recommend that you don’t carry more than 50kg of luggage to avoid delays due to restricted space in the luggage area.
The crossing from Kyllini to Zante is really short, so there are no cabins or numbered seats on the ferries operating on this route.